25 August 2006

Welcome to the house of fun!

We are slowly going through our music collection and playing E-chan things to see what he responds to. Hard to tell what he actually likes... I think at his stage of life, it's all about people's faces... ie if I sing to him and look happy, he'll make happy faces and noises back at me. If you go by his response only, you'd conclude that he has exactly the same tastes as us. Might have to try putting on something that I can't stand but C-chan likes and see how E-chan really reacts.

Yesterday, a cheesy Stevie Wonder song came on, and I started moonwalking to it (as you do), and E-chan was delighted and entertained! So last night during the Witching Hour, C-chan and I put on Divine Madness (ie the best of Madness), and danced away to Baggy Trousers, House of Fun, It Must Be Love and the like. Our best fake braces wearing (as in the keeping your pants up kind), cockney-style stomp*. Result: One mesmerised baby!


Oh well it works for us... "Flood" by They Might Be Giants is another good one.

* I know accents don't translate to dancing styles, but you know what I mean? Madness, Dexy's Midnight Runners etc

1 comment:

Mermaidgrrrl said...

I saw a baby bouncinette thing at T*rget that has the usual vibration function/mobile thingies on it, but also has an audio jack that you can plug into your I-pod (or similar) to play stuff straight at your baby. Spanish 101 anyone?