05 August 2006

Immunisation

E-chan had his 2 month check-up and immunisation shots yesterday. His response:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
(at a horrendous number of decibels). Poor little thing :(

As the day went on, he wasn't quite himself, skipping playtime between feeds and wanting to go straight to sleep. In the evening, he developed a slight fever, which was a bit worrying for us, but the doctor had warned us this might happen and provided us with baby paracetamol. E-chan slept in our room again last night, just to make sure (he's been out in the lounge room for a few weeks - we're not quite ready to put him in his own room just yet).

But today he is all smiles and normal temperatures :) making his standard cute goo gooo noises at play time, and waving his arms and legs about.

-----------

Re the weaning: wow, that was the right decision. It has taken ALL of the stress out of feeding times. We are all much happier, and I'm sure I'll stop being upset about it before too long. Got all the crying out of my system yesterday. I'm still feeding him on the breast when I feel I can, or if he's too hungry to wait for his bottle to warm.

1 comment:

J said...

Hey - lets get out the diaries and I will book in a flex day for stroll in teh park, chats and cups of tea and lots of cuddles!