23 November 2006

Thanks...

...to those who answered a few of my questions on vaccinations a week or so back! I put some comments and questions under the post just today. Some lively responses, which is rare on my blog. You can see why there are some "don't go there" topics amongst mums...

I know that Science doesn't have all the answers, but also worry that those with little scientific knowledge (some of the mums I know) can be easily whipped up into a frenzy by the latest book or trend, which may or may not have all the answers and has no stats to back up their claims. People are so willing to disregard 50 or 100 years of science that has been applied and most of the population of western countries has survived just fine (ie with true reductions of harmful disease and side-effects), which is a tad dangerous.

Gulf war syndrome from bulk vaccinations... that's an interesting and scary thing. But for things that have been done for decades and that we have survived just fine, I will go along with.

No comments: