23 July 2006


Mein Got!
I have a beautiful baby sleeping away in his crib in the room next to me!!!
I'm a mother, and I've kept this baby alive and well for 6 weeks!!!
(sorry, just pinched myself)

So how about this parenthood stuff so far? Well, hard to say. Ultimate lesson in selflessness and patience. Joy in the small things, the little steps. Changing nappies is one of the easiest things to master...

For hours I could stare at his little round alert eyes, stroke his fluffy hair, stroke his smooth smooth skin on his arms or tummy, kiss his cheek repeatedly, eskimo kiss his nose, play with his little hands... Sigh!

3 comments:

J said...

Yah you! That is totally amazing and wonderous, and it's lovely that you love it! Just think, keeping pot plants and pets will always seem a breeze after this! (

meririsa said...

Hello Marns! How was your holiday?! Would be lovely to see you and see your holiday snaps, if you have some. And lunch is a lovely, thoughtful thing that would be greatly appreciated. I'll email you directly.

meririsa said...

PS was hoping you'd notice the top. It's one of our favourites!