14 April 2006

Width < girth?

I have discovered something all on my own about pregnancy. That's right - this is something I haven't read nor been advised by anyone... Proud moment - here goes:

There comes a point in pregnancy where it is no longer advantageous to turn sideways to squeeze through gaps. If I can't lift my bags up and charge on through frontways, I best find another way to get around. I now am wider front to back than I am left to right.

----------

Speaking of bellies - hopefully next post will contain a real belly shot, not something poached from Roger Hargreaves.

I think I am entering that uncomfortable stage of my pregnancy. My legs get all "antsy" (is that a word?) every night at around 8:30-9pm. It's like they have a mind of their own - I'm content to sit quietly, but my legs get all grumpy and restless and want either to be taken for a walk or put to bed. I can't seem to get close enough to things - I've had to bring my phone closer to me on my desk, increase the font size on my computer screen so I can see it from an extra 20 cm back, and reaching for the stapler is a bit more effort than it should be.

I can't get comfortable. Actually, best place to be is in the bath or pool. Can only eat small amounts at at time - hard concept for my "eyes are bigger than my stomach" mind.... in fact my stomach is probably getting so squashed that my eyes collectively probably are bigger than my stomach. My brow breaks out in light sweats quite often, and on Wednesday at work I had to lie down for a bit under my desk due to a dizzy spell....

Roughly 6-7 weeks to go!!

No comments: