06 April 2006

Hero dream!

Last night I dreamed: I was at some night time swimming party in a lake by someone’s house. My parents were there, along with random people from my subconscious (but no one in my life today). We were all jumping off a diving board into a lake, and when it was my turn, I jumped and did a trick where I caught the board with my hands and sprung back up again. I looked at my parents, and they were giving me a look as if I was being a show off and they weren’t really that impressed. So I let go and fell into the water and started swimming back to shore.

Then I heard someone in distress. Cool as a cucumber, I remembered my recent swim instructor training, materialised a flotation device, and swam towards the person who had called out. There turned out to be 2 of them, one was Karina who went to school with me but I never really liked, and I single-handedly swam them back to shore and made sure they were safe. They said thanks, and I said “no problem – I just recently did some training in this area and knew exactly what to do”.


This is the first time I’ve ever had a dream where I was a hero!! Cool! I’m not taking it literally, but am curious about what it means… Think it has something to do with learning a new skill, and handling a difficult situation in the right way, and must be something to do with what happened yesterday (could either be doing some ironing for the first time in years last night, or the way I handled something at work yesterday).

No comments: