25 April 2006

Oh to have the keys to time...

...I'd make this week fast-forward to Friday, next week slow down a bit so I can get everything done, then the next few weeks speed up again until the labour process starts.

Management has spectacularly mismanaged the last few weeks of my work - I'm in a position where I'm going to be applying for my own job as I go on maternity leave (ie 9 months preggers), and preparing to hand over work to unknown persons of unknown experience during my year away on top of my heavy workload, and working on the assumption I get my job. This is the last time I take a job on contract, I think... unless a future manager has a proven track record of doing things by the book and to the correct timeframe. On the up side, my employer has the best paid maternity leave set up in the country. Perhaps I can endure this stress for a few more days given that?

Meanwhile everything else is on hold until next week... Furniture to buy, assemble, and rearrange.... doctors appointments... hospital checkups and breastfeeding workshops... last minute baby purchases... cooking... taking it easy... looking into parenting literature at the library... meeting friends for leisurely lunches... checking out child-care centres (there's a can of worms to open)... letters I haven't had time to write... dreaming about snuggly little babies wrapped in bunny rugs...

No comments: