01 July 2004

the Anti-crush

I have stumbled across a new phenomenon....
Miss J's confessions about the attractiveness of a certain rock star somehow linked the synapses in my brain to a conversation I'd had recently about anti-crushes.

You know, those people in the public spotlight that evoke a pathological reaction upon simply seeing their image. For some reason (we'll possibly have to put down to some sort of negative chemistry) you are driven to say "ooh, I can't stand him/her!!" whenever you see them. Most other people won't feel the same way - we're not talking evil people here, or obviously annoying/idiotic/twitty people....

For example:
For me it's Kevin Bacon. When asked why I "can't stand him", I just can't explain it. He's probably a very nice person. It's got nothing to do with Footloose.

For C-chan, there are a few people he inexplicably just "can't stand", and one is Dawn Fraser. Something about her gets on his goat. I've given up trying to figure out why...

Anyone else got any anti-crushes they can confess?

No comments: