19 July 2004

Winter of discontent...

Last night was a cold one here for Sydney-town. Slept in thick trackies and didn’t wake up overheated. The last few nights, the wind had been whistling in our windows – the sort of night where noises wake you up and you wonder if things are being knocked over, if iron rooves are being lifted somewhere, if you remembered to bring in everything from the balcony, or have they been swept away by the wind? All weekend, clouds kept a rapid pace across the city, and showers of tiny, wind-fragmented droplets came and went, interspersed with bursts of sunshine and grey. Perfect weather for eating minestrone soup and freshly cooked bread. I’m missing my parents’ soup and toasted cheese sandwich winter dinners.

-------------------------

Is it possible to undergo a 1/3-life crisis early? I have witnessed people turning 30 doing this, and wonder if I’m going through the same thing?? 30 is looming for me, but still a way off.

Things are shifting in priority for me/us, I’m finding, in a way that I wouldn’t have expected. We have plans that we are sticking to for the time being, but it will be interesting to see if we see them through as we plan (or planned 6 months ago). I know that making plans sometimes can make you feel bound to them, but that also making plans and sticking to them can be very rewarding and worthwhile, so long as you live well along the way... which I am.

Will someone slap me on the cheek, tell me to pull myself together, and that life is easier now compared to in their day?

No comments: