01 October 2006

Hello back again did you miss me?

The last week has been a bit of a blur. C-chan's back is getting better (thank goodness). Things were getting quite panicky for me last Sunday... I suppose I was beginning to look ahead into the coming weeks and wonder how we were going to cope if things didn't show signs of improving. Having to run around doing everything for 2 people was taking its toll. In addition my socia life was almost entirely with the ladies from the pharmacy as I ducked down to fill prescriptions for C-chan's pain relief. On the up side, C-chan has caught up with a lot of reading which he hasn't had time for in the past few months.

Some friends were lovely and offered help or even brought over food - thanks. C-chan's parents flew over (even though we didn't make it to C-chan's graduation ceremony) and gave the place a once over with the duster and vacuum cleaner (it really needed it) and even brought frozen pasta sauce and quiche for us to stash in the freezer. I think I might explore internet grocery shopping in the coming weeks - for the large heavy items that I can't pick up easily down the road.

We had dinner at home instead on Monday night and celebrated the end of C-chan's neverending law degree with orange juice in our champagne glasses. E-chan wore the little mortar board hat I'd made for him and it actually turned out to be a surprise for C-chan (I could have sworn he'd seen it as it was being made).

As it is now, we got C-chan out of the house to have an ice-cream with Angel on Friday and to the Osteopath yesterday. And he can do lots of little things around the house which makes a huge difference. Now all I have to do is all of the lifting and carrying around of our little bundle of joy. Not suprisingly, I am being ULTRA CAREFUL that I don't do my back in also. That would be a disaster. I think we've learned our lesson that our health cannot take a back seat even though E-chan keeps us busy. We were doing a lot of walking, but it seems walking is not enough - C-chan's getting a gym membership for xmas, and back in the pool I go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, I did miss you! I'm glad things are getting back to normal (or maybe back to a more manageable level of abnormal)
xx

J said...

Poor darlings. If I was closer I would be round in a flash with pumpkin soup and short stint baby sitting. In fact, I could pop round after work on Tues if that would help at all..