08 October 2006

all thumbs

The last few days has been like a slapstick Laurel and Hardy skit. Or Laurel, without Hardy. E.g. hang up the towell after shower. Towell falls to ground immediately. Pick towell up and put it back, towell falls down AGAIN!! Pick towell up, put it back and hold it there... hold... hold... and it finally stays. Put something in bin, swinging bin top swings straight back and pushes rubbish back out.

Does anyone else feel like a bit of a clutz when they get their periods? (This is, I might add, my first one in over a year, and I have not missed them one bit).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do. I call it PMC or prementstrual clumsiness. I read something in New Scientist once about it - it's something to do with the change in hormone levels affecting your blood pressure which in turn affects your inner ear, which you use to balance, co-ordinate etc.

J said...

Oh totally. I go from energetic and spontaneously asking people out on dates, to clumsy and vague and a little teary to then achey and serious and decisive feeling. Wouldn't it be cool if you could save all your housekeeping up for mid cycle and avoid any tasks needing fine motor skills just before your period? (hormone related low blood pressure apparently and quite common - the clumsiness thing..)

Anonymous said...

Well that all makes sense. Thanks.