01 June 2006

Overcooked

Well due date came and went yesterday - not suprising given only 4% of babies are born on their due date. So, it will be a June baby, afterall. Have lots of energy today, so am taking the opportunity to take little trips out of the house whenever they arise... walked C-chan to the train, went to post office. Walking is supposed to help things along.

Thought another way I could urge the baby out is with some Haiku*. When I was in primary school, we were taught that Haiku is a 3-lined poem describing a single thing/concept, that has the 5-7-5 syllable structure. I'm not sure that the syllables are that important from what I've read subsequently, but limited syllables is more fun.

So here goes:
Overdue baby
Please come out and see the world
It's waiting for you

or
Like a letter sent
But not yet received by us
We anticipate
Beautiful, poetic moments of blog-dom, I'm sure. I thought of the last one on the way back from the Post Office!

* Baby will come out screaming "Mum, stop it! Blog poetry is EMBARRASSING!!!"

No comments: