30 May 2006

Phew - and thanks...

I interviewed yesterday and only had a few "mummy brain" moments, which everyone seemed tolerant of. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to arrange going into labour or waters breaking. I went in in person for it, and luckily venting on my blog on Sunday got it all out of my system and I was able to go in with a professional attitude and just do the interview. Interview panel were all people I work with quite a lot. They told me I'd find out today, and guess what: I had to call at 6:30pm to find out because they left it so late! But anyhow. I got my job. Hooray!

Lesson for the week: being on a recurrent contract sucks, especially when organisations/ companies are so bad at getting contracts ready in time. It's not that my employer is family unfriendly - it's policies are the most family friendly in the country and I do give it credit for that - it's just a shame things tend to unfold as they did below. Other lesson: there are not many people who can do my job :)

Thanks for your comments and well wishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! :)