09 May 2006

Had 37 week check at hospital yesterday (by the way, all is fine and normal, except need to take iron supplements for next few weeks to bolster my haemoglobin). Have had a different obstetrician each time I've been to the hospital, and only one has been female. Why is it that so many more men seem to train in obstetrics rather than women? Anyhow, no complaints about any I've seen - they've all been competent enough to deal with my straightfoward preganancy. The one I saw yesterday I probably liked the best. Had a gentle english accent, and was good at explaining things in a way that made sense to me.

Entertained on Saturday on a scale that probably won't happen again at our place for a little while! Chose 2 of the most ambitious things I could possibly choose to cook (custard-filled chocolate eclairs and yeasty-based apple crumble thing), and nearly wore self out in process, but it was worth it. Others brought lovely food also, and arranged lovely things like suprise visits from Adelaide friends, cheesey pop quizzes, nappy services, and freebies from baby expos!!

Am sipping Raspberry leaf tea, as it is supposed to help with labour if you drink it from w32 of pregnancy. See some research that midwives at Sydney's Westmead Hospital did plus anectodal evidence at same link if you are interested.

Am pretty tired today. Don't have much I have to do, but can't lie down (back gets too stiff), can't sit comfortably, and feel too tired to attack the pile of dishes surrounding the sink. Hired out "the Upside of Anger" which I might watch later, and another chick flick yesterday which turned out to be shockingly bad and am too embarrassed to admit I hired it so I'm not telling what it was. That choice may or may not have been influenced by the male lead, but not much chance for a goggle after all, so shouldn't have bothered!!

Anyone got some good chick-flick suggestions to help pass some time next week?

1 comment:

BSharp said...

Watched "Everything is Illuminated" last night. I haven't read the book but really enjoyed the film.