25 May 2006

False alarm #1

Last night I thought I was going into labour.

Had significantly more pain after a few hours of feeling weird - tense shoulders, uncomfortable etc. We scurried about making sure we had everything packed for the hospital. However, it just seems the baby made a dive for it. I had an intense 15-20 minutes of quite painful contractions in the lower abdomen. This morning, I'm sure the baby is sitting lower (it's harder to keep my pants up!!). Today, everything was fine, and I've just been taking it easy. Baby still moving at regular intervals...

Whew! Quite a good practise run, actuall. Realised what we still need to get ready for the big day, when it finally comes.

2 comments:

BSharp said...

Hi there, here is the site I found the other day. http://www.alphamom.com/ Admittedly, it is American, but has a funky title. Haven't checked out the main content but it has funny guest writers. I hope its not politically objectionable!

J said...

A warm up, practice run for the big day! Kind of cool, when itreally does happen, you'll be like an old hand..'oh this, I know what this is'...