17 February 2006

Journal 16.2.2006

We started the whole clean-out thing on the weekend. Amazing what we have kept stashed in the past 3 years. I mean, which planet was I on when I kept that dress that I have never been comfortable in and worn a grand total of 3 times? And why do I still have the warranty and instruction manual for the camera that was stolen when our last place was broken into in 2002 (or was it 2001)? Clutter, clutter, clutter. We had 2 bursts of activity and achieved a lot – now just a few more things to rifle through and some decisions to make re whether to keep or buy a few key bits of furniture. I can't believe how much floor space is now visible!!

We now have a corner pegged out for the baby (that will have to do in this house), and now only have to get rid of our desk & perhaps we can start decorating around it. Having trouble concentrating at work, and given the amount of stuff there is to plan and do, it’s no wonder. I’d rather be out doing baby stuff! Budget department store catalogues with baby stuff on sale are catching my eye where they used to go straight to the recycling!!

Am hungry, hungry, hungry. It’s ridiculous how much I am eating. Baby must be having another growth spurt as am knackered a lot of the time also. I look down occasionally and think “Blimey! That belly is getting rounder and rounder!!”. Have had to get bigger computer screen at work so that I can sit further back from my desk. When I slop or spill things, it falls straight onto my belly (instead of lap), so have to be careful or may even have to invest in a bib!!

Prats who live downstairs, and keep entertaining late at night in their courtyard below our window haven’t been helping with the tiredness issue – they must not have to work 9-5 if at all (probably are students). When lying there unable to sleep I hatch plots for revenge (e.g. buying water balloons to hurl down at them, going down to intercom and buzzing them at 6:30am when I have to wake up), but not sure if that helps me sleep easier or would make them shut up.

Bub is becoming a champion kicker, and probably an elbower also. It’s a tad distracting, but not (yet) unwelcome. Can't wait to see what it looks like and how its personality develops and how fast it learns and it's first smile and words.

No comments: