31 January 2006

balloon belly and aliens in the stomach

My belly is like it has a balloon inside, and that every so often, someone is blowing it up a little making my belly feel rather uncomfortably stretched. Went to Hospital for check up last week, and Dr measured my belly, looked at the measurement, asked "how far along are you again?" and at my answer, raised his eyebrows. Seems I'm a little bigger than average, but given both of bub's parents are not necessarily large people, it's more likely that bub has been undergoing a growth spurt. Yes, even now, before it is born, it is having growth spurts.

Remember that scene in one of the Alien movies where Sigorney Weaver's character has an alien gestating in her stomach and you see it kicking and jutting out of her belly from the inside??? Well that's inspired from real life. Bub's kicking is getting stronger - C-chan can feel it properly from the outside now, and he can even see it and distinguish it from my normal movements. Cool!

AND 2 of my cousins have lent me stuff - one cousin has lent me 2 of her cloth nappies (newborn size) so that I can use them right away after the birth, and another cousin has lent me a baby sling. Yay-ness. Only 4 months to go... 3 more months of work...

No comments: