13 May 2004

Wierd noises from neighbouring apartment, episode 3

Some of you have been spared details of episodes 1 and 2* of this exciting series, because I didn't have a blog then. Those who weren't spared will probably have worked out by now that wierd, recurring noises bug me, and that one of my passtimes is to speculate about what could be causing the noises.... I'm sure there's a name for my condition, but I haven't sought professional help yet.
No I'm not talking about the unmistakeable sounds such as rattling pipes, or the toilet brush being used on the toilet upstairs (too much information, I know, but we have no doubts about what that noise is when we hear it...).
I'm talking about FREAKY noises that aren't always clear at first, and come back frequently to interrupt your thoughts.

So what's the new noise? The apartment across the hall emits a really loud sound in bursts lasting up to 5-10 minutes. Sometimes, it happens 3 or 4 times a day, at no particular time. The way I'd describe it is a hand-powered egg beater being used in a metal bowl. Noise could either be:
- a piece of excercise equipment, with rotary action to part of it
- it is an egg beater, and neighbours are running pavlova business from home/eat protein supplements that need to be mixed well
- their favourite industrial/dance track

One day, I might just have the courage to ask...

-------------------------------------------
* Episode 1 - the operatic orgasm; Episode 2 - the continual beep upstairs.. life support machine??? or maybe just fire alarm batteries needing replacement?

No comments: