14 May 2004

Shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to...

As my gratuitous Smiths quote above suggests, today's topic is shyness.

I met someone today who is really shy. I'm mentioning it because I realised at the time that I rarely come across people who are really shy. (What a confident bunch of people we all are!!)

She sits very quietly at lunchtime, listening but not saying anything. When you try to engage her in conversation, it seems to be first met with disbelief. Once it is established that people are looking at her, expecting an answer, she'll respond quietly and quickly, ending the conversation by looking away. If you pass her in the hallways, she will avoid all eye contact, and not say hello.

-------------------------------------

up my nose...

Someone who sits near me has a serious snorting habit. Not pharmaceutical of course, but serious sinus problems, that seems to require them to snort really loudly. Am sure that one day I'll get really fed up and offer a tissue.

Gross.

No comments: