24 January 2007

....so where was I?

That's right. Position cancelled. Exploring options. Budgetting to see what is worst case scenario and how much of our savings will might have to dip into in that instance.

Because my salary is the variable factor in the household income, the best case scenario is that I get 3 days a week at the same salary rate as before. There is a glimmer of a option here, in that a full time position is available in my old office at the same salary rate. Mentioned that I might apply to new boss, despite his aversion to part time places, stating that I could walk straight into the role without training and I don't mind sharing a desk. Boss responded more positively, and told me I should talk to the relevant sub-manager. Thanks to workmate Anna for tip-off there. This still depends on them accepting me as part time in addition to full time person, or adjusting the position somehow to accomodate me, which could be a bit of a stretch. We'll see.

Other options are applying for best possible part time position, and supplement income with weekend work such as swim training. This requires a lot of effort from me in coming month to get accredited, but is possible. Other supplementary option is casual work for people I know who are in a position to offer it to me. Getting more and more long-shot here.

So there we go. Now I must hop to it.

2 comments:

alison said...

If you need someone to practice on to get swimming accreditation, you can practice on me. I am a crap swimmer and I need someone to teach me to do freestyle without alarming the lifeguards. :)

J said...

Oh I need mega swimming help! i do doggy paddle and bad breaststroke and don't even bother trying freestyle as i kind of whack myself in the head. Any help greatfully appreciated. Remedial swimming school a go go?

As for work, maybe Aunty B and you can team up???