24 December 2005

Go back to sleep, or maybe do some blogging...

Well the past few weeks has been a rollercoaster ride to the 25th December! Highlights include: - possibly giving and getting the best office kris kringle presents ever (I don't usually join in as I think it's a bit wasteful, but this year knew exactly what to get the 55+ year old man whose name I drew out of the hat, and he seemed to like what I chose beyond just being polite, and I got some ripper chunky earrings, possibly from India, which will go beautifully with the blue beaded fringe top Seagreen lent me to wear :)
- getting all our gift shopping done weeks ago, planning our food a few weeks back, and buying everything we could then so all we had to do was buy fresh stuff yesterday and last minute things like bread today (pleased as the mercury tips 38 degrees today)
- C-chan's parents arriving from 'delaide with stuff from them and my parents... baby blankets, baby towels, bassinet, sheets etc etc, which they held on to for all these years since I was a bub and are in OK condition!! Bassinet is big enough for baby to sleep in until it starts rolling around too much, so we won't have to get a cot for quite a while.
- Getting lovely cards from people, even though we have been too tired and busy to get many out ourselves in time (oops).

---------
This morning I was woken from my strange dream* by C-chan flailing his arms about madly trying to swot away mosquitos. Poor thing seems to have a fear of getting bitten (well, more so than the average person, and I suppose I shouldn't judge, as he does tend to get bitten more than me). Once I magically found the insect repellent and made them go away, I realised I was hungry, thirsty, and unable to sleep.

I am sipping on Gastrolyte, as I had gastro this week and lost another 2 kg. Almost slimmer of the month except I don't want to lose weight. Had to go to the Drs for a shot of something to stop me being sick, and took 2 days off work (so much for getting everything done at work). Dr seems to think everything is OK, just need to take it easy and drink lots. Oh, and rebuild my gut flora. My poor stomach has shrunk in capacity, and I desparately want to knock back 600mL or so of water, but I just don't have the room for it.

Must go. Have a wonderful couple of days, wherever you are, whoever you're with...
xxx
meririsa

* involving going to a goth party with a breakdancing half-Japanese friend, and finding a chocolate cake in the fridge with lots of strawberries on it

1 comment:

J said...

ooh I like that dream, sounds like fun. I empathise re mozzies btw as was bitten cruelly in brisvegas- man do they have mozzies up there.