07 February 2008

Detachment

Does anyone else from time to time find themselves in their regular social settings - work, hobbies, mothers groups, whatever, and feel a bit detatched from it all? I'm not talking about when I'm with good, old friends. Just those further out on your inner circle.

Every now and again, I find myself thinking "what am I doing here with these people?". Thinking: it's time I got out and tried making friends elsewhere, because I've known these people superficially for a couple of years now, and we're not getting any closer as friends.

Anyhow, that's happening to me a bit lately. I'm not saying I'm about to chop a whole lot of superficial friends and associates out of my life, just because we're not best buds. But I am feeling a bit detatched from it all. I think it's something to do with thinking (just inklings really) about changing jobs, house, size of family, things like that. All these things at once, nothing fixed, but lots of permutations and combinations to think through, and not everyone can fit through with you to the next stage of your life. But I've found at times that you end up staying friends with the people you least expect...

-----------

By the way, got a job application in on Tues. Not sure I'd take it if I got it, but anyway...

No comments: