10 June 2007

Happy Birthday, E-chan!

Well the 10th June whipped by, and our little boy turned 1! We were inundated with grandparents (his) and and uncle*, that weekend, and some more close friends on the day, and we all crammed in our little flat on what turned out to be the wettest weekend Sydney has had in a while. He was spoiled rotten with lots of lovely presents, both bought and hand made. My biggest suprise was that my folks brought over my own private jet (above) - a retro 70's toy jet, complete with nuclear family (mum, dad, boy, girl) and luggage. Being a 2nd child, this was apparently one of the few toys that was bought especially for me when I was very young, and my parents kept is all these years to give to my own child. And it's a hit!


I made a banana cake, his dad and I designed a teddy shape, and his dad and uncle decorated it with chocolate icing, marshmellows and licorice. The cake wasn't too much to his liking at first, which is fine by me.
So anyway, happy birthday, little fella. We love having you!

* I think I 've mellowed a bit - it was much more enjoyable this time, and the house even felt empty when they all gradually went back to 'delaide.

No comments: