12 March 2005

Sapien watch (1)

This week I witnessed a curious phenomenon in a fellow human being. I don't know what to call the condition, at this stage... maybe something will come later.

Said human being had made a pertinent point at a (rather badly chaired) meeting, then the discussion continued on. I had nothing to add to the discussion, and rather hoped we could just move on to the next agenda item. I looked around to see what other people were feeling about the situation. Pertinent point guy was no longer speaking, but sat there, silently mouthing words and tipping his head as if he was speaking.

I have no idea if he was reliving his moment (in which he made a valid point, but unfortunatley didn't conclude the mindnumbingly boring discusion), or if he was rehearsing for a future conversation he was anticipating having with someone.

No comments: