01 March 2005

Merry Risa channels Thelma

Well, I seem to have kicked that cold, but only after a whole weekend of doing stuff-all. Good I suppose.

A funny thing happened on Friday. Was having a conversation with someone Senior, to use the phraseology of the day (thanks BSharp). It was a hot day, and we happened to be in an unairconditioned office. Mid-sentence, my contact lens fell right off my eye. Both of us had to stop talking and scrounge around on the floor looking for it, just like Thelma from Scooby Doo when she had her glasses knocked off!

Found the lens, and held it on my finger, only to find that to my horror, senior person picked right up with the cross-purposed and conclusion-leaping conversation. After about 10 minutes of holding the lens on my finger right in front of senior person, I had to interrupt and tell him that if I didn't clean it and put it back on soon, the lens would dry out. "Of course, of course!"

Ah - cheers. To Life and all it throw at us....

No comments: