05 July 2005

Winding down...

Whhhhhhhhhhew!
Over my possibly pre-menstrually (er herm) induced teenage angst now (thank goodness) and hasn't the week flown?
The week has flown, my dear reader(s) because I have had sooooo much to squeeze in. "Why?" I hear you ask "were you sooooooooooo busy?" Well my Chickens, because today was the last day I go to work for nearly 2 full weeks! That's right.... I'm going on a

H O L I D A Y ! !
Yes - the C-chan and I are stuffing our little ve-hi-cle with gear and heading as far North as you can whilst still staying in the Premier State (first at what, I ask you?). We may even venture over the border for a day!!! We have 3 or 4 books each lined up to read, and the latest New Scientist mag. DJ C-chan is loading the CD wallet up with stuff to listen to in the car. I really can't wait.
Finally tonight, I feel my body unwind - I'm inclined to take deep breaths, then smile as I exhale. My eyes are sleepy like they've been holding out for the last week but decided they'd had enough this afternoon at approximately 5:15pm.
To properly farewell work for a couple of weeks, here are some Ridgey Didge quotes from some work meetings I've been at this week:
"assessing things we don't know how to assess"
"obviously we don't make it a standard until it's a standard"
What more does one need to say to be convinced that one will not miss work one little bit whilst away??

1 comment:

J said...

Sounds glorious! Have you been and come back? Did you lounge in the sun? Eat tropical fruits? get gloriously pissed on white wine in the middle of the day??