01 April 2005

Omigod what day is it again?

I have had my head down & buns up, submersed in the structure, funding, strengths and failures of Uni-dom for the past week.

Review, review, review. [For heavens' sake move on - HECS was introduced in the early nineties, and it's time to make the Faculties act like businesses they've been told to be, leave the managing to Managers (maybe even without a Dr in front of their name!), and let the research geeks get on with what they are good at, instead of forcing them to fill out forms and come up to speed on good HR policy/financial management practice overnight without training....]

On the up side, I have come across some sensible management speak within the ivory towers in the past couple of weeks, which has been very refreshing. For once, people are talking of supporting important areas and talented people instead of routinely cutting back due to no dollars. Whether or not we can make this message stick at the right time to the right people is the challenge...

Can't wait for the weekend :-)

Going to see this guy (modern day piano hero, father of 2) on Saturday night...

Also planning to have my regular Sunday morning dip in Drummoyne pool, read, and get out in the open air (bearing in mind that Sydney air is nowhere near as nice as air in other places... such as the Blue Mountains where we went last weekend). I might even tackle my most procrastinated (is that a word?) task ever - organising the wedding photo album!! I just have to convince myself it's more creative and exciting than it really is!!

No comments: