02 November 2004

Diary of an intermittant insomniac....

12:30am
Lying awake, mildly annoyed that I can't get to sleep tonight.
Can't be daylight savings, as that only accounts for an extra hour awake.
Brain ticking over, going over the days contradictions.
OK - time to start thinking of more pleasant, menial, daily things, the weekend.
Worked for a bit, then back to days events....
Get up, do things until I feel tired again...
Go back to bed.

Look over at partner blissfully doing sleepy activities - regular breathing, occasional snore and roll over. Jealous. Must keep some herbal sleeping tabs for moments like these - only happens half a dozen times a year... Must get some headphones for late night music listening...

2-3:00am
I don't even feel remotely tired.
Beginning to worry that I will be so tired tomorrow, that I won't do a decent day's work.
Recalling helpful insomnia hints: make sure you wind down before bed (tick); make sure you keep active during the day and try to go to sleep at regular time(tick); get up when it is light, no matter how tired you are (tick); remember, setting standards that you need a certain amount of sleep creates needless anxiety and will keep you awake longer (ohh).

6:30am
Wake up, relieved that I got to sleep at all, mildly panicky about the day ahead. How vague will I be?

Here's to an early night....

No comments: